We Sell "Manduka" Premier Yoga Product from USA, Please Contact :8767019 for detail

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Young Yoga Enthusiat s- I

Interesting viewpoints from bunch of young Yoga enthusiasts , let them have their say ;

Having live in Vancouver , my first perceptions of yoga , in a city synonymous with living green, simple and Zen made me believe that yoga was friendly , universal pastime that could be enjoyed with everyone. Everything i knew about yoga , i knew from the sportwear brand Lululemon, Optimism , inner peace in a modern consumerist society and a universally welcoming attitude. These were all the ideas that come to my mind about yoga. In many ways , what i perceived to be "Yoga " was branded into a commodity for the modern-day audience. It is a concept tailored for the archetypal workaholic who has too much work to do and too little time to finish.

After few yoga classes , i felt that many of my pre-conceived notions of yoga seems true. However many of the poses and ideas that originated yoga were pleasantly more symbolic than i thought. Yet through a deeper analysis of yoga from readings authored by more traditional writers. I found that there was an underlying discipline that was deeply rooted in Buddhism with an approach that is extremely meticulous and pedantic that i would have imagined. This religious presence was not as apparent as i remembered it to be back in Vancouver.

Daniel Kong
l bcom 2013
fashion Co-director l Style and The City
Lead Social Media Strategist l Ubc Advertisinc
Sauder School Of Business
l Ubc

When i started Yoga , my aim was just to slim my legs and be more flexible. But after a while , Yoga became Addictive to me. At the end of the day , i feel calmer and peaceful after yoga. it has been almost 3 years. i started yoga when i was 16 years old and now i am in pre-u and i will be further my study at the university in New Zealand early next year.

Cindy Kee l pre-u student

0 comments: